jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should Fergie (Sarah Ferguson) have been invited to the Royal wedding of William

1. Mel Jay profile image89
    Mel Jayposted 6 years ago

Should Fergie (Sarah Ferguson) have been invited to the Royal wedding of William and Kate?

She was implicated in a 'money for access' to her former husband Prince Andrew scandal last year.  She has been a constant source of bad publicity for the Royal family, I don't think she should have been invited, what do you think?

2. todd_1022 profile image60
    todd_1022posted 6 years ago

She is divorced, no longer any part of the royal faimly - so absolutely not. Still hanging on to her former life and needs to get over it! English Born and bred.

3. nycgrl profile image82
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

I don't think so.  Kate I don't think knows her at all and its not like her and William are chummy.  Honestly they probably invited enough people that they barely knew but were forced to invite so why add another? Especially with all the bad publicity surrounding her...would have put a negative mood on the day for them.

4. Cloverleaf profile image87
    Cloverleafposted 6 years ago

Interesting question. 

I think that we as individuals generally have a lot of freedom of choices when it comes to who we want to invite to our wedding.

However, being a member of the Royal Family presents much different and restricted choices, with so much political attachment. 

It was probably not the wish of Will or Kate to invite Fergie to their wedding, and if that is the case then she shouldn't have been invited.

5. Miss Paula profile image40
    Miss Paulaposted 6 years ago

I don't think it would of been the right thing to do. She has been in trouble the last year, and I don't think  the Royal family needs all the extra publicity.

6. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

I think she should have been. It's time to let by gones be by gones.

working