jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think using a picture of an attractive person as a profile picture increa

1. cydro profile image87
    cydroposted 6 years ago

Do you think using a picture of an attractive person as a profile picture increases hub traffic?

Even if the picture is yourself

2. Vicki.Pierce profile image72
    Vicki.Pierceposted 6 years ago

I think using someone's photo other than your own is being totally dishonest.  I believe that people like to 'see' whom they are dealing with.

I do not check out hubs that I am not interested in, irregardless of the profile picture.  I do tend to feel like those without profile pictures are not committed to writing hubs or are not confident in what they have to say.

3. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

No, I think using an interesting profile picture increases traffic.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

You can almost always tell who is using a hub pic that is not their own... it looks too flawless and 'staged'... I find it a big turn-off from reading their hubs because then I have doubts about how honest they are.

5. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I think that using any cool looking graphic would increase hub traffic a bit, but not by much.  It may bring returning traffic, but it might not be able to bring new traffic because if there's a link to the hub on another website, the profile pic won't be displayed.

6. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

of course it does no matter what others say. why do you think folks like kim kardashian are so famous. beauty and sex sells.

7. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I personally am more attracted to the hubs, not really the profile pictures since I usually log on to read hubs, not to look at tiny profile pictures. Even if the profile picture is attractive, it might not ensure reader loyalty.

8. Wasteless Project profile image94
    Wasteless Projectposted 4 years ago

I think using an attractive picture will help your hub traffic - this could be a portait or another interesting visual. Many people have stated that they would feel more connected to a writer if they can see his or her face. I am sure it is true that the profile picture of a young attractive woman might get more attention - but I personally feel for the wrong reason! I am a young woman myself, but wouldn't like to have people checking out my profile because of my picture (even though after reading these threads I might do it as an experiment and then share my experience with the community in a hub). I, on the other hand have my bias towards writers with a profile picture that shows that they are a bit older - I just believe that ultimately lifetime equals experience that can only be beneficial for writing hubs... I would also bet that there even is a subconscious gender or race bias in most readers - many people wouldn't trust a young black man to be an expert in toddler psychology or an 80-year old lady to be the best resource for modern IT-solutions. I am not suggesting that this is a good thing and I hope we are moving away from such bias, but till that point I am sure a profile picture can greatly influence how you or your expertise are being received (maybe that is why I prefer not to show that I am a young woman). We should get together with a couple of people and start a self-experiment on this!

working