jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you sneek candy into the theatre ?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image81
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

Do you sneek candy into the theatre ?

Candy and food has outrageous markup at the theatre. Do you bring your own? If so, how do you get it in?

2. Ebower profile image82
    Ebowerposted 6 years ago

If I want something to munch on at the movies, I bring my own because of the outrageous high prices.  Being a female, I can bring a large purse that can hold a snack and bottled drink.  My mom did this when we were little.  My two brothers and I would stash our goodies in her big purse.  I'm not sure how males could do this unless they go with a female and use their purse.

3. row777 profile image60
    row777posted 6 years ago

Nope, I like the theatre candy and don't want make a side trip before the movie just to pick up some candy. Theatre candy is convenient even if it is high priced.

4. waynet profile image75
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Hell yeah! I just hold it in my hands and don't care what the cinema staff think...I'll even wear a t-shirt that says the popcorn and stuff is too pricey so I've brought my own and it was cheaper than yours!!! and plus once you've paid for a ticket you are legally obliged to watch the movie, even though I just made up that legal claim lol!

5. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I always sneak a drink inside my wife's purse because $4 water is outrageous...until inflation goes up a bit more. I generally don't bring in snacks, but I don't buy any either. Sometimes I will get suckered into buying pop corn, especially if they have kettle corn because it's just so undeniably delicious.

6. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I don't go very often but when we do we take our own lollies & drink . The ticket in cost enough without paying crazy prices for snacks as well.
    I did treat myself when I was in Sydney  a few months ago tho, wanted to see Julia Roberts Movie Eat Pray Love ? was only on in the posh theatre where you have recliner chairs ! Had the theatre to myself & paid for wine & a snack to be brought into me !!!
    Was really diferent yet nice for a change.

7. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

My daughter and I started sneaking in healthy snacks like carrot and celery sticks.  But, yes now we sometimes sneak in candy.

8. optimus grimlock profile image58
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

No I dont that would be wrong!!! My wife puts it in her purse tho smile

9. Guanta profile image72
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

I could never figure out why snacks at the theatre are so expensive.  I usually buy a candy bar and stick it in my purse before I go.

10. RNMSN profile image91
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

when we got to take the kids...long time ago/the hippie bag made from old jeans was a big deal and it would hold anything...never got questioned or checked  smile
    well,  once I nerly fell walking to the top of the theatre cause of the neighbor kid we snuck in with us.........if you buy that I have this nice bridge  smile