jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do similar movies come out at the same time?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

Why do similar movies come out at the same time?

Have you ever noticed that movies come out in themes? Like one month its all about baseball and then the next its boxing. Even now two separate companies are making modern snow white films. Why?

2. SxECreator profile image60
    SxECreatorposted 6 years ago

I think its a bit of seeing which can be superior even though the similarities. A good example of this would be Marvel films and DC comics films. Next year The Amazing Spiderman is supposed to be released and about a month later The Dark Knight Rises is to be released. I would say it's a hype competition.

Im kind of interested on making a Hub on the two

3. moncrieff profile image78
    moncrieffposted 6 years ago

I think there's a certain theme in the air (ok, in the industry) that seems mass-appealing and hence various production companies try their hands at it at the same time. Remember the fantasy stage (Harry Potter, Narnia, The Lord of the Ring and others less noticable)?

4. shoaibgmail profile image64
    shoaibgmailposted 6 years ago

May be the directors dont like to use their brains they just follow the trends..smile

5. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

I think it simply has to do with the compiling of cultural influence among the world at the time, simply stated, when it's war time and we actually need money for it, then it's propaganda based, and if there's peace and a sense of nationalist pride for a particular nation, then the theme is set towards pastimes and luxuries.