jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When is it permissible to use unauthored work?

1. anndavis25 profile image77
    anndavis25posted 6 years ago

When is it permissible to use unauthored work?

You corrected me and I appreciate it.  Facebook is one word.  The content however, was copied from facebook.  A friend sent that parody to me.  I just assumed she was reposting a facebook comment....don't know who authored it.  How should I handle that?  I do think it humorus, and would like to share it.

2. PARASMART profile image69
    PARASMARTposted 6 years ago

If you have an un-authored article or comment, say so, author unknown, or leave it blank.  Plagiarism is claiming something as your own when it is surly not.  Have a great day.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It is considered duplicate content, if you search part of it in Google you will see it come up numerous times  Everything you write here must be original and unique to HubPages.

4. Erin Bishop profile image60
    Erin Bishopposted 6 years ago

If I were to find a great piece, but I don't know who wrote it. My hub would have to be about my opinion on the piece and just link the piece or put an excerpt on it. Don't just carry over whatever you found, you would just be robbing yourself the experience of writing something yourself.

5. wolfieworldwide profile image53
    wolfieworldwideposted 6 years ago

It's best to not use somebody else's  work at all, it's important that everything is unique and original on your site, but if you want to refer to someones work you could provide a link to that work.

That can even help you in Google's eyes.

6. Wonder Referrals profile image37
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

If you need a correct release date or correct history on a
    person or group, the information should be accurate.
    Some unauthorized information should be allowed when facts are required.
    It's a parody only when it's the actual comment or phrase.
    Any information found on the internet that does not indicated unauthorized
    use can be used for public information.