jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone know about a site called quibids.com?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Does anyone know about a site called quibids.com?

i came across this auction site and i'm wondering if it is worth using. it seems to be pretty good but i'm just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

2. JosieLee profile image77
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

All those bid sites actually make you pay more money then what you were expecting to pay. There is a documentary available on Netflix that talks about auction sites. Bid sites require to buy point that you use to bid with. If you loose the bid, you still have to pay the points you used. In my opinion those online auctions are not worth it.

3. ROBERTHEWETTSR profile image80
    ROBERTHEWETTSRposted 6 years ago

I tried Quibids and to me it is a sham to take your money.  I think some people do actually buy valuable things for small bids, but it is like the lottery, the winners are few and far between. Jose Lee gave you a good way to check it out. Robert

4. xXRaelliaXx profile image59
    xXRaelliaXxposted 6 years ago

I actually saw this advertised a lot while I was in Canada. Honestly, it looks like a scam, but I've personally never tried it and probably never will.

5. William Mahaffy profile image60
    William Mahaffyposted 6 years ago

I used to have a Skoreit! account that I played on from time to time.  There seems to be some real strategy involved in winning consistently.  Lifetime I was ahead slightly when I had them close my account.

The biggest concern that I had was the lack of an independent audit.  I.e. there was no way to guarantee that you weren't bidding against a house robot that had unlimited bids to burn, just to run up the price and make you burn up your bids.

Just me, but I would stay away.  Even being up lifetime, I don't think I'll ever start using the penny auction sites again.  It just feels like a setup.