jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

My toddler son very like to watching television all day long, what should I do?

1. Luti Febrian W profile image40
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

My toddler son very like to watching television all day long, what should I do?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6072827_f260.jpg

2. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Do crafts with him! Whatever show he is watching do a craft with one of the characters. He will have so much fun doing it and you will love spending time with him. I have a hub on kids crafts if you are interested:) Its easy enough for a toddler to do and his mommy will be there to help. Have fun!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Turning off the television is a good first step. Buy him some books, read to him.

4. scentualhealing profile image58
    scentualhealingposted 6 years ago

Get outside and go to the playground, a , play kickball, ring around rosie, all of the outdoor games you played as a kid.

Then come in for lunch.

Then lay down for a nap or some quiet time.

Join the Y and go swimming, there are lots of classes there. Where he can play with ther kids his own age, even while you are exercising.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Turn it off and hand him a book, take him outside for a walk.  But don't get into the habit of letting the TV babysit.  I raised children and I understand how hard it is NOT to let them park in front of the TV just so I could have a break.  But it isn't good for them.

Limit TV time and be sure and control what he is watching.

6. Luti Febrian W profile image40
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

yeahh, all the feddback is true, i take him outside and get walk for a few minute, share some conversatio and join on his game and play together. Now he's sleeping, infact he never take a nap before. so glad to see him fun and healthy without television.
    thanks all y'all !!!

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Limit him the time to watch television. Each kids program last 30min. So, tell him that he can watch 2 program and turn off the t.v. Occupy his time with books, go for a walk, play blocks with him or paint his favorite cartoon character. You have to give him a limit, otherwise it will become a bad habit, glue his eyes on the t.v. set all day. Hence it will distract his meal times and future studies.

working