jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you like your child to be artistic?

1. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Would you like your child to be artistic?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

While I think most people would want their child to be artistic, I do think that genetics plays a hand in it all. Both of my children, and grandchild are musically inclined, as well as drawing, but they also get it "through the genes". My grandmother was a concert pianist, and it has trickled down through the ages.
    I know many people who "just aren't crafty", and have no idea where to even start.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Since the arts flow through our veins, I guess I would like my children to be artistic, but I wouldn't expect them to be artistic in the same way that their father and I are artistic. I am musically inclined. My husband dabbles with music but is more apt to paint, draw or design. So far, my son is a mix of us both. My daughter is too young to tell yet, but I do know she does like to listen to music and dance.

4. JadeFitz profile image60
    JadeFitzposted 6 years ago

My children are both artistic and I do believe it is inherited for the most part.  I think that my eldest has had a hard time academically yet he did excellently in his artistic endeavors.  Therefore, I do believe that less artistic children are definitely more academically inclined and have an easier time with the core classes such as Math and the Sciences.  I love that my kids are artistic but I don't push them to follow an artistic career path.  I owned my own theatre for performing arts and I can tell you there isn't much money in it.  It is also very difficult to make a full time career out of the arts.  However, being artistic can promote a well rounded personality as the arts are a wonderful tool to express yourself.