jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you believe are the benefits and downsides to dating identical twins?

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What do you believe are the benefits and downsides to dating identical twins?

Preferably from a humorous perspective.

2. Woody Marx profile image71
    Woody Marxposted 6 years ago

Being a man, a card-carrying member of the clan of man, you might say, I can answer this only one way--there are no drawbacks to dating identical twins, only benefits, particularly if you date them together, one on each arm so that no matter which way you turn you see lovely face. Indeed the only thing better would be to date a quartet of such, so you would be surrounded by the lovelies front, back, side-to-side, while you made your way to dinner and dancing. But lets get back to twins, as I'm starting to feel dizzy imagining everything quadrupled.

Twins are, in my experience, similar enough to double ones pleasure, double one's fun, by the physical mirror-effect they possess,but on the psychological level they are inevitably unique and independent thinkers. This makes for wonderful conversations, and with the gals being two-sides of the same coin so to speak, it's a heads-you-win-tales-you-win scenario.  You can look at it this way: no matter what you say, at least one of the twins will agree with you (if the other disagrees) so you are always in the right by way of the same woman--a paradox if ever there was one. Not that twins are clones, other than in some biological sense, but rather they are, if they are date-companions, attractive (at least to you) and hence you have an attractive woman always agreeing with you, even if it is a different woman who is at the same time, in some sense, the same woman. What could be more wonderful All men will agree with me.

Now having said there are no drawbacks in the beginning of this answer, I must admit, I lied.  Everything has drawbacks--but I'm having too much fun imagining the benefits. Twins with benefits is not something I would reject easily.

Would you?

3. profile image53
    Suzewordsposted 6 years ago

A close friend of mine was dating an identical twin once for  a few months, and on one particular night she could not shake the feeling that they might have swapped places!!!!! She never did find out if her hunch was right, so I guess you could call it a benefit for them, but not so much for her!!!

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

no comment...ha ha ha...why do you ask PD?...gotta date?