Do you think American Idol is still worth watching after all these years?

1. oldersister profile image81
    oldersisterposted 6 years ago

Do you think American Idol is still worth watching after all these years?

2. jessramblings profile image71
    jessramblingsposted 6 years ago

I never watched it religiously. I watched Seasons 1-2 then didn't pick up again until Season 5 then watched on and off for the next 4 years. Adam Lambert's season was the last I watched. I have not seen a single episode of Season 10 or the current year. I feel it's run its course. THE VOICE is way better, though I don't even really watch that all the time. I'm over these singing competition shows. You can only have so many. However, I like that THE VOICE finds the contestants through blind auditions. AMERICAN IDOL focuses too much on the sob stories. This didn't mean to turn into a rant, though it kind of did, lol. Sorry.

3. urgurl_bri profile image83
    urgurl_briposted 6 years ago

not really, no.  I only ever watched a few seasons fully and others just a few episodes here and there.  Simon and Paula are both on X-Factor now so to me that just seems like a copy of American Idol basically, and I don't watch either anymore.  They're just not really all that fun to watch.   The singing show I watch now is The Voice.  It's different than any other singing show and I like that the 4 judges are all actual singers and they coach them and work with them on their songs, not just tell them what they're doing right or wrong.  And I especially like in the beginning weeks of the show during the "blind auditions" where the judges are all turned around.  They just listen to the singing and choose them to be on their team based on that only, not their appearance. Also, there's really no negativity on the show.  They don't tell people that their singing was horrible and they should never sing again like Simon does.   If they don't choose them, they say thanks for showing up and trying your best, it just wasn't right for my team. And I like that.

working