jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is anyone here into American Idol anymore? Or are you over it?

1. Bk42author profile image84
    Bk42authorposted 3 years ago

Is anyone here into American Idol anymore? Or are you over it?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

I think American Idol was very popular in it's Hay-Day and certainly gave us a few very talented  Vocalists, (Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, for 2 who have made it BIG)
    Now, however, due in part to the ever-changing Judges and somewhat weaker talents, Amerc Idol has lost some of it's sparkle....for me, anyway.
    I thoroughly enjoy "The Voice," now and won't justify watching two of the same type of shows in one week.
    I don't allow myself that much time watching TV, so I must choose my favorites in all areas.
    I love Simon and I miss him.  He's off to become a Daddy now and I'm actually very excited for him.  IMHO, Simon has never deserved some of the negative publicity he's had to endure......but, that's Show Business!

Bk42authorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! I lost interest in it, too, over the years. My husband is still addicted tho! Lol

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Reality TV is getting old period and talent shows especially are becoming tired. "The X-Factor" was recently canceled.
    American Idol is still a top 10 show. Most networks would kill to have shows in the top 20 each week. Like any show that's been on for 13 years it's bound to lose it's original core audience. Some people blame the judges/bad contestants but the truth is everything that it "new" eventually becomes "old". Even Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and Frank Sinatra were passé before they died.
    I'm amazed people still watch "The Bachelor", "Survivor", "The Real Housewives of (anywhere)", "Dancing With The Stars", "So You Think You Can Dance", "The Voice", "The Sing off", "America's Got Talent", "The Amazing Race", "Hells Kitchen", "The Taste", "Keeping up with the Kardashians" and on and on.
    Having said that if a show manages to stick around for over 20 years it has a way of becoming an "American Institution" ala "The Tonight Show", "Saturday Night Live", "60 Minutes", "Wheel of Fortune", and "Jeopardy!" are a few examples of shows that have become staples in television. I can't imagine American Idol being around for 20 seasons but I guess no one thought those other shows would have lasted that long either.

Bk42authorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Had no idea the X Factor was canceled. I can't wait for the Housewives franchise to end...talk about getting old! I'm surprised the Bachelor is still around, too.

4. raeyecarlos profile image74
    raeyecarlosposted 3 years ago

Definitely over it. Simon and the 1st batch of judges were part of what made the show appealing, and when they left it wasn't the same.

working