If you can't read or write music, but you have excellent lyrics, how do you turn

1. Pearldiver profile image79
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

If you can't read or write music, but you have excellent lyrics, how do you turn them into a song?

What does it take if you have the words but not the music? Are programs available, if so, what?

2. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

Yanni creates and produces great music and he can't read or write music either.  Research Yanni and see how he manages to produce all that music in his head without knowing how to read or write music.

Programs can help you write music, but they can't create the music.  Someone has to think that up before you write it with the help of the program.

3. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 5 years ago

I would suggest getting with someone who does write and read music. I can't read sheet music very well, but I can read tablature to learn new songs. I have a decent collection of songs that I have written, but none of them are really written down anywhere, I just have the lyrics and some notes regarding the chords I use. I have tons of lyrics that I wrote but can't seem to put music to them. When writing a song I come up with a guitar riff first and then add lyrics. The drums just follow the basic beat and the bass follows the chord structure and rhythm. I may do a video Hub outlining my process.

working