jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Was The Beatles Best Film?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Was The Beatles Best Film?

The Beatles had several films and some documentaries as well. Which of the Beatles films or documentaries was their best and what are the reasons you think it was their best film or documentary?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6383031_f260.jpg

2. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

A Hard Day's Night was their best film in my opinion.

3. Alternative Prime profile image78
    Alternative Primeposted 5 years ago

In retrospect, I would also choose the quartet's maiden voyage into full length feature film, namely "A Hard Days Night" as my absolute favorite - An initial foray which is recognized by the masses as a cinematic masterpiece - Filmed in subdued B&W, and just oozing the very essence of  "Beatle Mania" hysteria, an electric atmosphere we all fondly remember growing up as small children or jostling for vinyl LP's while simultaneously manipulating magical slinkys as mature adults -

An enchanting slice of "British Americana" in which exemplifies the early 1960's retro rock n' roll scene and related fanaticism which dominated a meticulously archived period of time here in the U.S. -

The quality, overall story line, plot, somewhat abstract or obscure theatrics and nuances sprinkled throughout, coupled with larger than life, iconic personas, will never again be duplicated - Just an entertaining and captivatingly memorable, quasi documentary depicting the genesis of the "Fab 4's" rise to fame -

To cap off the visual splendor of this film gem, the soundtrack, in my opinion, cranked out some of their very best audio work as well -

4. profile image37
    independentmindedposted 5 years ago

A Hard Day's Night is a wonderful Beatles movie!  I saw that when it first came out.  Yellow Submarine is also lots of fun!

working