jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which Member Of The Band Rush Is The Most Talented?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

Which Member Of The Band Rush Is The Most Talented?

The members of the band Rush are Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart. Which of these Rush band members do you think has the most musical talent and why?

2. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 5 years ago

Geddy Lee.  He is just awesome.  Not only does he do the bass and vocals, but he works in the keyboards during live performances.  I don't know how the heck he does it.  He doesn't even need a bass amp, just a line of washing machines!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

They're all maestros but I've got to give my vote to Neil Peart. He's one of the most amazing -- if not THE most amazing -- drummers in the world today.

4. SimeyC profile image96
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

This is a very tough question to answer as all three members of Rush are amazingly talented.

Alex Lifeson is one of the most accomplished rock guitarists around today; he can play acoustic ballads or heavy rock anthems; his timing and rhythm are immaculate and live he is superb - some of the solos throughout his career is absolutely stunning.

Geddy Lee is an amazing bass guitarist who plays the bass more like a lead guitar. some of the riffs and bass lines he produces are pure genius. He is also an accomplished keyboard player and has shown his keyboarding talents off on many occasions. And of course he is the voice of Rush. Amazingly with the latest album he has shown us how much of an amazing artist he is; his voice is lower and he can no longer reach the screeches of the early days, but he somehow reaches those notes in a totally new and amazing way.

And then there is Neil Peart who arguably is technically the best drummer in the world. Just listen to his drums on songs like YYZ, Tom Sawyer and many of the newer songs and you'll realize that not many drummers out there could play those songs so well. He is constantly learning and in the new album shows that he is able to adapt and change his style. And then there's his words - Peart is an amazing writer and has written several books (and is collaborating on a novel based on Rush's latest album). However it's his lyrics that are astounding; they are deep, often retrospective and always complex.

Overall I'd probably end up saying Neil Peart, but it's a very close call!

working