jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does Stephen Tyler in particular and Aerosmith in general have relevance in toda

1. Billrrrr profile image81
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

Does Stephen Tyler in particular and Aerosmith in general have relevance in today's music world?

I am from the Boston area and have pledged allegiance to  J Geils, "Boston", "The Cars", James Taylor, Donna Summer and "The Dropkick Murphys"; but the weird sight of Steven Tyler, Joe Perry et al, gives me a feeling of watching a bad horror movie.  I can't believe anyone would pay to see them.  Would you?

2. Shinkicker profile image98
    Shinkickerposted 5 years ago

I've seen Aerosmith live 3 times and I've never been impressed. Very distant, very uninvolved with the audience. They've become a corporate product in the past 20 years, a sellable commodity.
    To be fair they have helped make Rock Music popular in the mainstream which has had positive side benefits for other bands and the image of the genre. But they're far removed from the genuine article of the 70's.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

in a heartbeat. i have seen them twice so far and i would love to see them once more before they retire. to me, they are one of the best rock bands in history and i can't see myself ever not liking or respecting them as a group.

4. vparker profile image60
    vparkerposted 5 years ago

I have yet to see Aerosmith in concert, but about eight years ago they were playing in Virginia Beach, but I was not allowed to go. Aerosmith is one of the greatest bands out of the 70s era, and their influence will forever be felt. Its sad that they have lost of emotion and raw passion. Who knows maybe they will get their groove back .. Mick Jagger always looks like he's having fun.