The piece "This Means War" sounded very authentic. How did you get the inspirati

1. Janet Mims profile image53
    Janet Mimsposted 6 years ago

The piece "This Means War" sounded very authentic. How did you get the inspiration to write that?

It really does sound like Deja Thoris remotely controlled your mind to write such an accurate account as if John Carter were speaking to us today somehow. I just came from seeing the movie. Again, how did you find the inspiration to write something like this?

Where did you go to college or grad school? And did you major in journalism? You are phenomenal writer!

I want to go to grad school to become a investigative reporter/fiction writer/script writer. Any schools you recommend. My undergrad degree is in Criminalistics/Forensic Science.

2. watcher by night profile image81
    watcher by nightposted 6 years ago

Janet,
    I also replied to your comment on the "This Means War" hub and indicated that I am currently uncertain as to whether or not Dejah Thoris mind-controlled me to write the piece.  Assuming that she did not, I would say that I got the inspiration to write the piece from reading many stories and books by Edgar Rice Burroughs. 

Further inspiration came from reading many other authors, including Conan Doyle, Poe, H. Rider Haggard, and other authors who wrote during or close to the period of Victorian literature.  There are many nowadays who find those earlier writing styles to be overly "flowery" and wordy.  I, on the other hand, highly enjoy the earlier writing styles and often find them more enjoyable and natural-feeling than some of the writing styles I see commonly employed today.

working