Have wondered since Grad School.Can you answer it?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Have wondered since Grad School.Can you answer it?

Could learning disabilities be asymptomatic of bipolar, autism or other genetic factor, or not? Is a single genetic code receptor to blame?  This answer is as big as the ocean and higher in relevance to me than almost any other I have ever asked.

2. MarleneB profile image95
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I noticed the question was posted in the "Entertainment and Media" section, so I figured it would be OK if I shared my opinion versus if the question was posted in the "Science" section. That's great because I don't have a scientific answer, just my opinion. But, to answer the question I would say yes. When someone is afflicted with any disorder that affects the brain, then certainly it would affect the ability to learn like supposed "normal" people. It's harder to learn, but it doesn't mean the person can't learn. They just need to learn more deliberately. By that, I mean, more slowly and with a focused direction. And, yes, I do have to admit that I believe people are predisposed to certain genetic dilemmas. I see too many people in the same family who have the same complications. I just can't imagine that happening just by chance. I believe it does have something to do with genetics.