jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you wanna be a billionaire?

1. The Jet profile image76
    The Jetposted 5 years ago

Would you wanna be a billionaire?

Really think about it. Sure, it's great to have money and not worry about bills -- but billions. I'd be extremely happy with one million. Or even half a million. What would one person do with billions of dollars? Helping others would be great, but not everyone is a humanitarian.

2. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

No. I will not need all that money. I can help people in the limits of my capacities and I am happy with it. Billions will be just useless money, I think I will lose the meaning of happiness.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

No. Unless a person chooses to be a recluse, being a billionaire comes with certain social obligations even if one chooses to be a philanthropist. I prefer to live a quieter, understated life with my close friends and family who I know genuinely care for me and are not after my money.

4. jenniferg78 profile image59
    jenniferg78posted 5 years ago

I disagree with cat on a soapbox. I feel that you can be a billionaire without having to flaunt and have people know you are extremely wealthy. there are many people like that, you are just unaware of them because they decide not to disclose their financial information.

I do agree with hot rod loves you and if I had the money I would help as many people and causes i could with it. I have everything I need now and I have seen so much pain and suffering that anyone with extra money should give what they can to people and causes who need it.

An old Jewish proverb is states "A rich person is one who is happy with what they have"