jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

There are so many stars that have died this year.. which star was your favorite?

1. Deborah Brooks profile image81
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

There are so many stars that have died this year..
    which star was your favorite?

July 23 2012 Jeffersons’ Star Sherman Hemsley Dies at 74

February 11, 2012 8:18 PM Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48
    are just a few..
    which ones can you name?

2. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 5 years ago

Whitney Houston was my favourite singer of all time. I grew up listening to her music and singing her songs. She was the reason i wanted to be a singer, and i found true meaning in many of her songs. May she rest in peace.

Deborah Brooksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes she was my favorite singer.. I loved her..

2. shepinkradio profile image38
      shepinkradioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you going to see the remake of Sparkle, her final screen appearance, and have you ever seen the original Sparkle?

3. Deborah Brooks profile image81
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

Can you name more stars that has died this year?

4. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

A few other stars that died this year are Ernest Borgnine starred in McHale's Navy, Andy Griffith, Richard Dawson of family faud, singer Donna Summer.

So many great stars has passed.. Thank you reminding us.  Donna Summer was one of my favorite singers.

2. shepinkradio profile image38
      shepinkradioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And let's not forget the incomparable Miss Whitney Houston. Are you going to see the remake of Sparkle, her final screen appearance, and have you ever seen the original Sparkle?

3. flashmakeit profile image70
      flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have not forgotten Whitney and thank you for the information about Sparkle.  I will check it out.

5. CJWood71 profile image86
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

I do not know if you would consider her a star, but Sally Ride passed away on Monday.  The inspiration she provided for young girls should not be over looked.

The star who I will miss the most was Andy Griffith.  It was almost as though he was part of the family.  Just my two cents on the subject.

Excellent answer. Andy Griffith was from my home state. I too grew up with him He was amazing.. Sally Ride passed away? oh my I did not know thank you for providing us with that information.

6. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I have to go with Sherman Helmsley. I still try to find reruns of the Jeffersons.  He was a great character. Chad Everett just died also. I once saw him playing tennis many years ago. He was quite a hunky guy.

I just heard that Chad Everette died. He is 75.. yes he was a great looking guy..going to miss him.

7. Sunshine625 profile image95
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

Donna Summer the "Queen of Disco" who died in May was my favorite celebrity who passed away this year. In addition to Sherman and Whitney.

I agree Linda.. I absolutely loved Donna Summer.. I grew up with her..great choices.

8. Holisticity profile image60
    Holisticityposted 5 years ago

Madonna, it was the year her career died.

Lol...good one

9. Darkmetaly profile image68
    Darkmetalyposted 5 years ago

my favorite is Jon Lord I am a fan of the work he did in deep purple and whitesnake.

working