jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What did you think of Paul McCartney's performance at the opening ceremony of th

1. mtkomori profile image87
    mtkomoriposted 5 years ago

What did you think of Paul McCartney's performance at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics?

Was the song "Hey, Jude" appropriate? Was it a good, bad, or just an okay performance?

2. Rosemay50 profile image79
    Rosemay50posted 5 years ago

The show was a celebration of the Best of British. SIR Paul McCartney is one of the greatest British legends and deserved the honour of being invited to perform. He is well loved around the world and draws the people together.

There are too many ready to jump in and pull his performance to shreds. Those are the people who miss the point totally.  He is 70 years old, it was late and he was obviously tired. Those who were ‘disappointed’ can only be considered as ‘fair weather’ fans.

‘Hey Jude’ is considered one of the greatest pop songs of all time and a song that is known around the world and one of the longest singles ever recorded, over 7 minutes. It was number 1 for 9 weeks in the UK and reached number 1 in at least 12 countries.

I for one appreciated his performance… you don’t abandon a someone just because they are not having the perfect day.

3. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I absolutely loved it! He performed 'Hey Jude' which is one of the most popular songs of all time (and my favourite!) plus he seemed like he loved being there amongst the celebrations.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I can't judge outside of my dislike for the overplayed "Hey Jude." It seemed more suited in mood for the closing ceremony.

5. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

I thought he started off a little week but then his energy level and voice got stronger. Overall I think he did a good job.

6. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

All in all, I thought it was a good performance.  He is a legend in Britain and the choice to include him in the opening ceremonies was an easy one.  We all know that he is not the same performer he was decades ago, but there are performers half his age who could not have done as well.