jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think of Snoop Lion?

1. AM Hanson profile image76
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

What do you think of Snoop Lion?

Rapper Snoop Dogg claims that, on a recent trip to Jamacia, he spoke with Bob Marley's spirit and is now Marley reincarnated (ignore the fact that reincarnation involving these two is a bit strange, considering both were alive at the same time for about 11 years before Marley died).  He has changed his name to Snoop Lion, and is now writing positive, antiviolence songs about love and peace.  Do you think this is for real?  Or is this a marketing thing?  Or is it just Snoop breaking away from the rap game because, as he's said before, it's just not challenging anymore.

2. Angie497 profile image77
    Angie497posted 5 years ago

I'd guess it's probably a bit of all of the above. Except maybe for the being reincarnated as Marley. Although it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Snoop had carried on a long conversation with Marley's spirit, whether or not the spirit was there.

3. ssmith1534 profile image73
    ssmith1534posted 5 years ago

I think if anyone could make the change, Snoop could! I have my reservations about it, but I'm going to wait until his album drops before making any final decisions. If Snoop wants to spread love and peace, who are we to stop him!?

4. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Seriously?  Marketing or no, it doesn't hurt that he's stopped 'singing' what he was before.  Violence has no place in music nor does some of the 'modern' language used.  Call me old fashioned but I think a song should be a song.  I hope this transformation is for real and if it is I wish him luck!

1. Angie497 profile image77
      Angie497posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "Violence has no place in music..."  That would eliminate a lot of very good music, especially in genres like classic blues or traditional folk music.

working