jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is the Best and Worst superhero movie/series ever made?

1. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

What is the Best and Worst superhero movie/series ever made?

When it comes to movie adaptations of comic book heroes, what has been the best and what has been the worst? It can be a single movie or series.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6985853_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

Best Superhero movie ever made would have to be any one of Nolan's Batman films, they are so hard to choose from. But the worst superhero movie that I have ever seen personally would have to be Batman & Robin.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I have too many favorites to pick a best. However the worst in my opinion was the first Hulk not the recent released one.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Batman & Robin tends to top everyone's "worst" list, but there are many other candidates...

Everyone loves the first two Superman films starring Christopher Reeve, but the wheels started coming off that franchise by 1983's "Superman III" (co starring Richard Pryor). Even worse was "Superman IV: The Quest For Peace" (1987) which simply looks cheap and barely makes any sense besides. Even Christopher Reeve looked like he was just in "IV" for the paycheck.

1991's "Captain America" starring Matt Salinger (son of author J.D. Salinger of "Catcher in the Rye" fame - there's some trivia for ya) was a low budget stinker of the highest order.

Ang Lee's "Hulk" (2003) was a mistake. I wonder whose idea it was to give a $100 million summer blockbuster to a Hong Kong art-film director who'd apparently never read a comic book in his life.

1993's "Barb Wire" starring Pamela Anderson and 1992's "Tank Girl" were no great shakes either. So much for "girl power" in comic books.

And let's not forget "Steel," loosely based on a "Superman" spin-off starring Shaquille O'Neal!

Then there's "Judge Dredd" w/Sylvester Stallone, "Supergirl" (1984) starring Helen Slater, 1997's godawful "Spawn"...I could go on and on but I'll let someone else nominate a few!!!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

...and whoops, I got so involved that I forgot to mention my "best" -- that would be "Spider-Man 2." Simply a great action/adventure flick all around featuring my all time favorite character.

2. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting list! I like several but I think the very best done superhero movie was Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Of worst I'm torn between The Incredible Hulk film and Howard The Duck - which IMHO was one of the most annoying films of the entire 80's.

5. Angela Kane profile image78
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

I think the best are Batman, Superman, X-Men and Hancock. I think the worst are any that include b-list celebrities or sports stars such as Steel and Barbwire.

6. AM Hanson profile image78
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

as a comic book fan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was absolutely terrible.  Everyone I've talked to agrees that nearly all of the characters were done terribly, especially Deadpool.

7. Grim Master profile image61
    Grim Masterposted 5 years ago

I have to say the latest Dark Knight trilogy has been very successful in my eyes. I love 'em.
    I haven't been too keen on the latest marvel movies, except for the Avengers and Iron Man, but I'd have to say the recent Spiderman wasn't that great. It made me appreciate the older ones more.

working