jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the your favorite film sequel?

1. Thefilmguy24 profile image73
    Thefilmguy24posted 5 years ago

What is the your favorite film sequel?

I believe that my favorite sequel is a tie between "The Dark Knight" and "Terminator 2: Judgement Day." "The Dark Knight" brought a whole new level of chaos in the form of the Joker causing a huge conflict with Batman trying to stop the Clown Prince. In "T2" I liked that it was a huge step up in VFX and expanding the mythos of The Terminator. "T2" was also a groundbreaking film that brought CGI into film that was deemed impossible to film. Without this film, there wouldn't be films like "Jurassic Park", "Avatar," "Lord of The Rings."

2. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

The Dark Knight Rises...I don't think I have to explain why though lol

Thefilmguy24posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good choice. I think that this film is up there with The Dark Knight, but I still think that The Dark Knight is still superior to Rises. But that's just my opinion, but good choice though.

2. profile image0
      AaronHubb89posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I honestly can choose between any of them (BB, TDK, or TDKR) because each movie is so different from the other.

3. Rebecca2904 profile image77
      Rebecca2904posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think the Dark Knight is better than both the other recent Batman movies (Batman Begins and the Dark Knight Rises)... but it's a sequel so it still counts!

3. Radikum profile image59
    Radikumposted 5 years ago

As much as I love The Dark Knight (and I LOVE this film), if I'm judging sequels on a personal level, I cannot put the The Dark Knight over Toy Story 2. Also, Toy Story 3 was a better sequel too me than The Dark Knight Rises. Honestly, the Toy Story trilogy is (IMO) one of the greatest trilogies of all time; yet, I just hope (if they do) any other sequels will be up to the standard they've already set.

Thefilmguy24posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting choice in "Toy Story." I agree that "Toy Story 2" and "Toy Story 3" were better films than the first film. They are all great films. I still watch the Trilogy to this day with my 10 month old daughter.

4. nanderson500 profile image88
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

The Dark Knight, T2, and The Empire Strikes Back.

working