jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can music change someone's mood?

1. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

Can music change someone's mood?

Do you use music to uplift your spirits or conjure up a certain mood?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Absolutely. Music can take you away to places in the past with great memories. Music can be very nostalgic.

3. profile image75
    Ghost Producerposted 5 years ago

Of course... People reaction to certain sounds and chord progressions. There was a huge study on this years ago

4. profile image55
    chatroomsposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, it changes my mood all the time. Its not the same listening to happy music (Mozart) then listening to sad music (Chopin).

5. samnashy profile image81
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

Musiic can be uplifting, envigorating, peaceful, romantic and so on.  I believe it can change anyone's mood.  It's around us all the time, without most of is even realizing it.  Babies in the womb have been shown to recognize music when played at 4 weeks old, lowering their heart rate.
    Thumbs up to music.

6. dazzlede profile image59
    dazzledeposted 5 years ago

Anytime! If you are happy you have a tendency to listen to foot tapping numbers, when angry to soothing, and when sad to sad melodies. But while listening to those sad melodies or the soothing (or not so soothing music) you get in a better frame of mind and are able to think a bit more logically. And that makes the whole difference.

7. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

absolutely! I love setting the tone with music....

8. Alecia Murphy profile image77
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

To me music is the most beautiful and universal language that transcends all boundaries and cultures- even if you don't know all the words there is something wonderful about it that cannot be duplicated. So listening does uplift you if only for a moment.

9. UMHiram profile image76
    UMHiramposted 5 years ago

Yes, it is a universal form of expression and definitely has a huge impact on your moods, thoughts as well as feelings.

working