jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think was the best action film of the summer and why?

1. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 5 years ago

What do you think was the best action film of the summer and why?

I would say The Dark Knight Rises, but the Avengers,Spiderman & The Hunger Games we're also huge hits.

2. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I have only seen The Hunger Games so far.  I'd like to say it was the best just because of all the hype it got but I can't say for sure.  Someone may like one and not another although they were both successful movies.  I went to see The Hunger Games just because everyone was talking about it.  I wasn't really interested in it before i saw it but I thought it was fantastic.

3. SxECreator profile image60
    SxECreatorposted 5 years ago

The Dark Knight Rises. A cinematic masterpeice. Christopher Nolan truly defined how to complete a great trilogy. Perfect film, score and conclusion indeed.

4. atkritsky profile image60
    atkritskyposted 5 years ago

Expendables 2 for sure! This time the plot was put together perfectly with some humor, and of course a lot of action! The best way to see all the classics in one!

5. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

Both the Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers were good in their own right. The Dark Knight concluded a strong trilogy, while leaving room for the story to continue on with Nightwing or some other incarnation of the Dark Knight mythos. The Avengers launched what is sure to be an ongoing franchise that creatively combined larger than life action with a tight plot and just enough comedic interaction to make it fun. Either film is a must see for any fan of action movies that are more than just mere action.