jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What makes a great zombie story?

1. LisaKoski profile image96
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

What makes a great zombie story?

I'm a big zombie fan and I've read books and seen movies/shows that were fantastic but others that were just awful. What do you think makes a zombie book/movie/show good?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

For me it has to be the suspense of almost getting snagged by them, the chase and the fight to get away.  I do not like vivid gore.  Blood and guts all spilling about just turns my stomach. I do like the chase though.

3. Goody5 profile image78
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I always liked the "Dawn of the dead" movie where the living people were living in the Mall. You also need to be careful about asking Zombie questions here on the hub pages, because there are some hub page moderators who have a problem with them. I never was able to get an answer to my question - "Do zombies eat dog brains?", before it was removed by a moderator. Good luck with your question, and keep on hubbing  smile

4. profile image0
    falloffthegridposted 5 years ago

I also love zombies, and I think that the good ones have a mix of the fear of zombies combined with a good plot line with the characters.

5. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

A great, eerie atmosphere, creepy zombies, and good plot twists.

6. Blue Sidewinder profile image72
    Blue Sidewinderposted 5 years ago

Zombies are such a classic element to the horror genre. They have been around so long and experienced so many incarnations. I think a big part of the appeal is the survival strategies. Everybody has their own and it's fun to share them and debate at Halloween parties or movie marathons.

working