jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why 1 bridge humbucker guitars are so rare?

1. flover21 profile image60
    flover21posted 5 years ago

Why 1 bridge humbucker guitars are so rare?

My little brother (17) seeks to buy an elegant '1 bridge humbucker e-guitar' to play jazz/fusion/rock.

2. Lorne Hemmerling profile image92
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 5 years ago

Many guitarists prefer the tonal variations that a 2 pickup guitar has to offer. The bridge pickup gives a treble, thin sound, very similar to picking the strings closer to the bridge. In fact, this is the reason the pickup sounds like this in the bridge position, simply because it is close to the bridge. The neck pickup yields a warmer, fuller sound, perfect for rhythm work or deep, full sounding leads. If he is interested in jazz, I would lean towards a 2 pickup configuration. A semi hollow body model like a Gibson ES335 would be a perfect fit, but they are expensive! Also, Ibanez makes some fine semi hollow body models at a very reasonable price. Hope this helps!

3. Goody5 profile image76
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I know that some are actually named - Rare Earth Humbucking pickup, however they are regularly available for sale on the internet.

4. Jon Green profile image90
    Jon Greenposted 5 years ago

He should get something else! Jazz players only use the neck pickup, and even for rock the tone will be too limited with 1 bridge pickup.

5. Ronnie Pistons profile image44
    Ronnie Pistonsposted 3 years ago

The simplicity... 1 pickup, 1 volume knob. I've wanted for for a long time.

1. tobto profile image59
      tobtoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

With a recent tonal forming tools all you need is good powerful signal - then you can morf it to whatever you like.

working