jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about Seth saying Rex Reed should critique Adele at the Academ

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What do you think about Seth saying Rex Reed should critique Adele at the Academy  Awards?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7413901_f260.jpg

2. Marisaupa profile image60
    Marisaupaposted 5 years ago

Well, honestly, I believe that it is simply a matter of Seth being Seth.  That is his style of humor.  I see no reason to be shocked or otherwise surprised.  Was it proper, well, that's a different issue.  I am certain that he did not mean to convey any malice with that joke.

Yes, we are a long way from the graceful elegance of Johnny Carson or Bob Hope hosting the Oscars, but I see no reason to be castigating Seth's performance as host.  He was being who he is.  Actually, the host that I found the most offensive would have been Chris Rock in 2005.  I enjoy his comedy, but I believe that Chris did cross a line and even carried over a certain agenda during his Oscar monologue.

Anyway, a brief side question... is that you in the blue dress?  If so, both you and the dress are very lovely.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess they wanted something different when they hired Seth.  Joan Rivers was making jokes like that too. I didn't see the 2005 awards, but I'll take you word for what happened there. Also, that is me, and thanks. I appreciate it.
      Lisa

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I didn't hear about it...but Lisa is that you in the dress?  You look really good in that dress. Have you lost weight?

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so m;uch. I'm trying to eat good healthy food and to work out more and more to stay strong.

working