jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

What are some songs about Superman?

1. spartucusjones profile image96
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

What are some songs about Superman?

I plan on composing a hub about songs about Superman. I already have a few in mind, but I thought I would see if anyone was aware of any songs about Superman that they would like to share.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

This is kind of a stretch and it's not totally about Superman, but the first thing that came to mind is the vintage hip-hop track "Jam On It" by the band Newcleus.

In the song's midsection the rappers describe when "Superman came to town" and challenged their 'crew' to a break dance contest.

I swear, I'm not making this up. This really exists.

spartucusjonesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am familar with the song, I always thought it was a funny novelty rap tune. But I never quite made the link to Superman. But it was ages since I heard it. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I am going to have to revisit it.

FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The lyric goes something like "Superman came to town to see who he could rock, he blew away everyone that he faced until he reached our block," i.e. that the Newcleus crew kicked his ass in a breakdance-off. Haha.

3. whaturmissing profile image83
    whaturmissingposted 4 years ago

The song I think about is the "Superman Song" by Crash Test Dummies. How can you tell I am Canadian wink

It was also one of the first songs that popped into my head. But that could be because I am Canadian as well!

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

Kryptonite by Three Doors Down - unique take on how we look at others as superheros sometimes.

That was one that I was already considering. But I was also on the fence with it, because it was one of the more obvious picks. That being said I agree with you about the unique take, and it still deserves serious consideration.

FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I love the video for that song, with all the shriveled up old guys in superhero costumes. Haha

5. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Wikipedia has a whole section dedicated to Superman songs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_i … ture#Music

Thanks for sharing that list! Also being aware of that list now also presents the extra fun challenge of selecting a few songs that did not make that list.

6. greatstuff profile image94
    greatstuffposted 4 years ago

I was going to say Eminem Superman, but Thief12's posting of Wikipedia list, have a good listing for your reference.

I agree that the list is a good reference. Thanks for sharing!

7. spartucusjones profile image96
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

I will like to thank everyone for their suggestions. I have finally got around to completing the Hub: http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … t-Superman

working