jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

What horror movie scene gave you the most nightmares?

1. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

What horror movie scene gave you the most nightmares?

Horror movies lately have become somewhat predictably as audiences become harder to scare.  Looking back, what classic scenes from horror titles of the past caused you the most distress?

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 4 years ago

The one from Alien where the thing chewed its way out of that guy's chest. He was eating spaghetti. It was gruesome and terrifying to watch!

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

An iconic scene that not only frightened but surprised a lot of people.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

I dreamt of trex chasing after me and Jaws showed his big mouth at me. Those movies were bad for timid adults. However, my kids love to watch them.

That Jaws theme gave me the shivers for years before I watched the full movie.

4. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

Well Jaws scared me, and still has an effect with going in the water!
    But it has to be the scene of Linda Blair in the Exorcist. I saw that as an adult and it scared me to the core. I bought the book and haven't yet read it for fear it may be scarier than the movie!

Such is the impact of a great movie.  I have a friend who refuses to watch it simply because of the reputation.

5. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image98
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

There are 2 scenes.

1 - In the original Halloween when Jamie Lee Curtis' friend gets into the car and the windows are steamed up.  Still scares me silly, even writing this.

2 - In the original Friday the 13th when the villain (don't want to give away the the ending even though most people have probably seen it) is chasing one of the victims around camp on a rainy night. 

Yike!

Two classic that redefined the genre.  Great scene choices.  The Halloween one was especially good because you'd been waiting for it for a good 20 minutes.

6. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

OK, this is going to sound a little crazy, but keep in mind I was about 8 to 10 years old at the time. I don't think any movie scene ever scared me as much as the part with the Ghost of Jacob Marley in the 1984 version of "A Christmas Carol". This is the one with George C. Scott as Scrooge. I know, technically not a horror movie, but this adaptation certainly reminds us that Dickens wrote a ghost story! Frank Finlay played Marley and the effects are surprisingly believable for a 1980s made-for-TV movie. That ghost scared me so bad! To this day I swear I saw that blue guy in my bedroom that night!

Dude, I DO remember that scene.  The guy looked totally freaky!  I remember seeing it in school.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I'm not really a horror movie fan. I'm sure this movie seems pretty tame compared to the graphic scenes common today. The 1963 version of The Haunting gave me the most nightmares. I was a little kid when I saw it on TV.

Oh, I remember that movie!  The scene where they can hear something going through the walls and then press up against the door.  Freaky.

8. Maricarmjolo profile image75
    Maricarmjoloposted 4 years ago

Shutter-Thai Movie
    I dreamt of the  scariest scene wherein Natre (the ghost) is sitting in the shoulder of his ex Tun.. AAAHHhhhhhh!! Then Tun recalled what an old man told him long time ago-that ghosts' soul are attached to their love ones.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing that one, but it already sounds freaky.

working