jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think Paula Deen Should do, keep doing interviews or let everything

1. profile image51
    DeborahChapmanposted 4 years ago

What do you think Paula Deen Should do, keep doing interviews or let everything die down?

Paula has been doing interview after interview as well as her family doing interviews. The situation keeps getting worse.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

She should quit doing interviews and focus on assembling her legal team to address the pending lawsuit. After the lawsuit has be handled then she can strategically repair her image slowly. At the end of the day if Paula Deen did not earn another (new) penny she would still be a multi-millionaire.
    What hurts her more than anything is the damage to her image. Her interview attempts where she keeps bringing up something that happened 30 years ago instead of addressing events the lawsuit mentions took place a few years ago is not helping her case. The lawsuit has nothing to do with what took place 30 years ago and her efforts to focus on that time period make it appear as though she is trying to deflect the attention away from the lawsuit accusations.

1. profile image51
      DeborahChapmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is my position on the whole thing, at the end of the day she is still loaded, and probably never has to ever work again!

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The lawsuit claims a lot of things as recent as 2007. Much of it deasl with her brother running the restaurants too. It's a lot more to the lawsuit than her claim of using the "n" word 30 years ago. Ironically a (white) woman is filing the lawsuit.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

She needs to just apologize and keep her mouth shut. She has apologized, but she keeps back peddling. I honestly think her and those around her think she has done nothing wrong. This is why they cannot just let it die. In the meantime, she is just digging herself a deeper hole. Just shut up already.

1. profile image51
      DeborahChapmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I personally dont't think she did anything wrong, I just think she is trying so hard not to appear racist, that she seems like she should be wearing a sheet LOL!!!!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!! LOL

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Paula Deen, (2007) while planning her brother's wedding "well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days they used to tap dance around"

4. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

She really needs to just shut the hell up for awhile. Every time she opens her mouth she makes things worse.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

If I were her, I would lay low and let this die down.  I'm not condoning her use of racial slurs, but so much media attention has been drawn to this, her apologies fall on deaf ears. She has apologized, now she needs to take a long vacation and let the media find some other target.  As long as she keeps sticking her face out there, this storm will continue.

working