jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do YOU remember from the disco era from 1975-79?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What do YOU remember from the disco era from 1975-79?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8395820_f260.jpg

2. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

The clubs, the girls, the dancing, the drinking, the drugs all fondly.
    But the pre-disco era of live bands was by far better and more fun.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I was a pre-teen at the time so I don't remember much, honestly, aside from seeing lots of Disco acts on "American Bandstand" on Saturday mornings. I do remember hearing lots about "Saturday Night Fever" being a must-see film. (I didn't see it for myself till years 'n' years later, and even though I am not a disco fan in the slightest, I gotta admit...it's a pretty good movie.)

I also remember the huge backlash when hard rock heroes KISS released a disco-flavored single ("I Was Made For Lovin' You") in 1979.. the song became a hit, but their long time fans were devastated that the band had seemingly "sold out" to the Disco trend!!

4. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

I was the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only 17 .....

5. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

The Bee Gees!  Star Wars, Hart-to-Hart, The Cars, partying too much, too much dope, too much beer, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Lynard Skynard......getting in trouble at school, getting in trouble with my parents, wearing too much makeup, bad grades, trying to hard to fit in with dope crowd, geesshh.  Don't miss none of it. None of it.   Life is better now!  But the Disco Era had some fun music to it.  Still love the Bee Gees and other other bands mentioned!

working