jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What are the top 5 albums that made the biggest impression on your life?

1. Bk42author profile image79
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

What are the top 5 albums that made the biggest impression on your life?

We all have at least one album we could not stop listening to and spoke to us in such a way that you felt your life was changed forever. Mine are:

Rumors - Fleetwood Mac; August and Everything After - Counting Crows; Recurring Dream - Crowded House; Little Earthquakes - Tori Amos; Under Rug Swept - Alanis Morissette. What are yours?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8720045_f260.jpg

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

Hell Freezes Over - The Eagles
    Abbey Road - The Beatles
    Bridge Over Troubled Waters - Simon and Garfunkel
    Ageless Medley - Amy Grant
    Piano Man - Billy Joel (Includes my husband/soldier and my song: You're My Home.

Have I given away my age?  I'll bet at least three of these would be on my 20-something kid's list too!

Bk42authorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great selection! I think all those artists are timeless...especially the Beatles! My husband and I had the privilege of visiting Abbey Road over the during the summer. Surreal!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

AC/DC - Let there Be Rock (first rock album I ever owned)

Metallica - Kill'Em All (a game changer. Suddenly Motley Crue and Quiet Riot didn't cut it anymore)

Warrior Soul - Salutations from the Ghetto Nation (should've been bigger than Guns N Roses. Anthems for a 90s youth rebellion that never happened.)

Ramones Mania - hits compilation that introduced me to the music of this band and quickly turned me into an obsessed fan.

KISS - 1st album - this was KISS at their best, before the limos and private jets, when they were still young, unknown and hungry.

Bk42authorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I grew up listening to the Ramones so they also have a special place in my life. I think Rock n Roll High School was the first album I ever owned. I agree, KISS was at their best before they sold out.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm a major KISS fanboy so I love stuff from all of their various "eras," but the first couple of records by the original lineup are the gold standard.

working