jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which film do you wish had never been remade?

1. Noel Tanti profile image60
    Noel Tantiposted 4 years ago

Which film do you wish had never been remade?

2. jgwhite66 profile image82
    jgwhite66posted 4 years ago

Last years remake of Total Recall was completely unnecessary, boring to watch and was as expected a pale imitation of the original. The Evil Dead remake was another completely pointless retreading of a great original, no Bruce Campbell... I felt as if my soul was being swallowed.

3. luvtoowrite profile image43
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of old original movies. It's a Wonder Life is a classic, no one can take the place of Jimmy Stewart.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I am aggressively disinterested in the new "RoboCop" remake.

5. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I was disappointed with "Psycho." Why dare touch Alfred Hitchcock's finest work? There was no way to duplicate the thrill. They even put in the exact dialogue. It just didn't work.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that "Psycho" remake was completely unnecessary. They might as well have just colorized the original.

6. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I don't think Psycho should have ever been remade. I don't think anyone could ever take the place of Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates.

7. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

I wish Oliver Stone's "Platoon" (1986) and Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" (1979) had been shelved. Both were counterproductive in terms of their depictions of Viet Nam veterans. I'd had quite enough of that.

working