jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the show "Hoarders" make you feel better about your house or get up and cle

1. B Lucy profile image60
    B Lucyposted 4 years ago

Does the show "Hoarders" make you feel better about your house or get up and clean some more?

While I find an episode of "Hoarders" incredibly motivating to clean and de-clutter, my friend says it makes her kick back and relax because in comparison, her house looks immaculate.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Combination. But it also makes me feel sorry for them. It's often a result of poorly handling emotions, usually that were formed in childhood.

3. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I've only caught it a few times and the times I've had it makes me not only want to clean but go through my closets and get rid of everthing.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I think I'm one of the most organized people on this planet and I keep my house clean. I'm not sure why, but I love watching "Hoarders". The problem is, even though I don't have clutter, as I'm watching the show I seem to look around and if I see the cat hair on the rug or something I've used and haven't yet put away, I have to get up and sweep or put the object where it goes. Overall, I'd have to say the show makes me feel better about my house when I decide to get lazy and not pick up things for a few days.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

My wife and I have both. It makes me feel better about our apartment, but it makes her think we're on an inevitable path to extreme hoarding. So we've stopped watching the show altogether.

working