jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the show "Hoarders" make you feel better about your house or get up and cle

1. B Lucy profile image61
    B Lucyposted 4 years ago

Does the show "Hoarders" make you feel better about your house or get up and clean some more?

While I find an episode of "Hoarders" incredibly motivating to clean and de-clutter, my friend says it makes her kick back and relax because in comparison, her house looks immaculate.

2. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Combination. But it also makes me feel sorry for them. It's often a result of poorly handling emotions, usually that were formed in childhood.

3. Bk42author profile image82
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I've only caught it a few times and the times I've had it makes me not only want to clean but go through my closets and get rid of everthing.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I think I'm one of the most organized people on this planet and I keep my house clean. I'm not sure why, but I love watching "Hoarders". The problem is, even though I don't have clutter, as I'm watching the show I seem to look around and if I see the cat hair on the rug or something I've used and haven't yet put away, I have to get up and sweep or put the object where it goes. Overall, I'd have to say the show makes me feel better about my house when I decide to get lazy and not pick up things for a few days.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

My wife and I have both. It makes me feel better about our apartment, but it makes her think we're on an inevitable path to extreme hoarding. So we've stopped watching the show altogether.