jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does watching hoarders freak you out?

1. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

Does watching hoarders freak you out?

Sometimes watching it I get itchy, or get up and through something out.

2. amberjones21 profile image58
    amberjones21posted 7 years ago

No, but it makes me want to get up and clean in general.

3. poetvix profile image70
    poetvixposted 7 years ago

Yes!  I can not watch that show anymore for the few times I did it almost made me physically ill and I felt the need to bleach down the entire world.  Needless to say, my house got the cleaning of its life each time.  I think I watched it a total of three times.  I feel so sorry for the people featured there but I just can't stand to watch it.

4. melody23 profile image54
    melody23posted 7 years ago

Hoarding is a complicated mental illness. Be very grateful you don't have it.  I grew up with one.  I am, because of it, an anti-hoarder.

It's no weirder than people who have agoraphobia or work addiction.  It's the same neurological hiccup going on.  It doesn't freak me out because I know there are things in me that would bother others, just as there are things we all do that would bother anyone else.  Compassion is the art of knowing we aren't the center of all knowledge in the universe.

5. DubDub profile image57
    DubDubposted 7 years ago

whenever I watch hoarders it makes me think that I am one. so yes it freaks me out.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

The cable TV show "Hoarders" has beeen extremely popular in America. But, have you ever known a family of competing hoarders that lived in the same apartment or house? read more

working