jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Who is you favorite director/filmmaker?

1. Genna East profile image90
    Genna Eastposted 4 years ago

Who is you favorite director/filmmaker?

I am writing a hub series on music in film that focuses on directors and the composers/songwriters they have collaborated with over the years.  I was interested in learning which directors fellow hubbers would be interested in reading about.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Hi Genna, I am terrible at remembering names and for some reason when I thought of music, the Coen Brothers popped into my mind and "O'Brother Where Art Thou." When more come to my tired mind, I will comment again. Wonderful series idea! Blessings

Genna Eastposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith...

Great answer -- thank you!  I had forgotten about the Coen brothers.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of directors I like to follow, but I think my favorite is Joss Whedon. I've enjoyed all of his television series (Buffy, Angel, Firefly), as well as the movies he has either directed or had a close hand in shaping (The Avengers, Cabin in the Woods).

Thank you, MT. :-)

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee, Stanley Kubrick, Clint Eastwood, and my all-time favorite, Alfred Hitchcock. These directors have a nice range of movie scores by composers. I'm listening to Clint Eastwood's own compositions from "Hereafter" soundtrack. It is exquisite.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, Scorsese, Clint Eastwood and Alfred Hitchcock are great too!

2. Genna East profile image90

Hi Jan;
      Great minds think alike.  I have Scorsese on my list as well as Hitchcock; Kubrick; Eastwood and Spike Lee.  I also added James Cameron; Ridley Scott; M. Night Shymalan (the music for Signs and The Sixth Sense is wonderful); and Ron Howard.

working