jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Job Requirements Of A Sales Director

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 9 years ago

Job Requirements Of A Sales Director

2. Bozoplay profile image82
    Bozoplayposted 9 years ago

I would prefer to tweak this request a little and suggest a way in which all sales directors could become better at running a sales force, because that is your primary job. I have spent a lot of time in a sales or marketing role in my life and have... read more

3. profile image42
    affiliatejumpposted 8 years ago

While there are certainly a lot of duties and responsibilities for an effective sales director, my experience in direct response has taught me that above all else, a quality sales director needs to be sales oriented.

So many organizations take it for granted that because someone has a certain background they can sell something, and also teach others to do the same. This is simply NOT true.

There are a lot of well-intentioned sales directors out there that honestly couldn't sell an oar to a drowning man/woman.

I say put everything else aside, and look for the following three primary assets in a sales director:

1. Must be able to sell things.

2. Must be able to train/inspire the people around them to do the same.

3. Must lead by example in all aspects of their professional life.

Honestly, there isn't much beyond those items that really matters, and but for the special elements of the quality directors I learned from - they're almost all a dime a dozen.

4. easyspeak profile image72
    easyspeakposted 8 years ago

To create an effective sales strategy including product positioning, cold calling scripts, presentation development, recruiting and managing a sales force, developing a sales evaluation and analysis system and doing sales yourself.  It also depends on the size of company you work for, how big your budget is and a billion other factors.