What could be the quick and smart ways to break the monotony in your daily life?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

What could be the quick and smart ways to break the monotony in your daily life?

Sometime the routine becomes so monotonous, yet one needs to carry on. Any suggestions?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

By it's very definition, "Routines" are in fact monotonous.  Get up, shower, shave, have breakfast, kiss the kids, get them off to school......drive the same route in the same car to the same job you've had for 20 years, working with the same people, doing the same thing.....lunch, more work...back home, kiss the kids Hello, have dinner, help with homework, read the paper, watch the news...go to bed.....Start over in the morning.

Just writing this is depressing.  However, there's hope.  It is said if you want to change your life, change your thinking.  It seems to me, there's plenty of wiggle room in a person's daily life to use our imagination, create some diversion, fun & entertainment.   Just like everything else that we may want, Sundeep.....it's all up to us.   

The first thing might be to appreciate "routine" and  see it in a more positive light.  Don't even call it a routine.  A daily "plan"..."journey",  "organized  schedule".....some people would be thrilled to be so settled and regimented....be proactive and plan a different way to do the same thing....adding something interesting to the mix.....It would take some time and thought to step out of the rudiments, but wanted badly enough, we can do anything.

If all else fails, Sundeep.....adopt a Bohemian lifestyle off the grid....quit your job, sell everything you own and trade your car in for a Van...Take bare necessities and priceless possessions only. 

Find a natural & secluded environment to set up a place to eat and sleep. Live on sunshine, rain and love.....you and your woman run around in the buff.....and search for berries and nuts.....

I'll give you 2 weeks before you pack up your Van, say Goodbye to your neighbors, the squirrels & butterflies......and you head back to your monotonous daily life.

Have I been helpful??  LOL!

working