jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is music a big part of your daily life?

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 11 months ago

Is music a big part of your daily life?

As an observation that may mean from humming a tune silently, how much it is on the TV, listening to the radio, and more. Another question is how much does it impact your mood?

2. profile image0
    Fiddlemanposted 11 months ago

I listen to music frequently throughout my day and yes sometimes s tune plays over and over in my head and I find myself singing, humming or whistling a song that and obviously the music affects my mood. We have Sirius in our car and listen to a bluegrass channel. In my truck, I am tuned to a Christian radio station and enjoy listening to Christian music. I also love playing my musical instruments especially my fiddle and the old hymns  of the church. For me it gives me a worship experience where I find great satisfaction.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Hooray I say music is a large part of your life with different genre too. I start my morning listening to a Pandora station I set up based on progressive rock, blues, and guitar artist. It sets my mood.

2. bluesradio profile image73
      bluesradioposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Got to have the music...Listen to music all day long at various venues and just in general.....Everything from blues and R@B to GOspel and jazz......have to have some music in your lives....

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

I listen to music almost constantly. It's the great lubricant of life.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I like that . . . "Great lubricant of life". Being from the auto repair world I get it in more ways than one. Awesome metaphor.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 11 months ago

I can't imagine riding around in a car without music.
    I listen to music daily and find it to be the quickest mood changer available. There's also music for every state of mind.
    The very thought of (working out) without listening to music is torture! On occasion when I have gotten to the gym and realized I didn't have my music.... I went home! ha ha ha
    I also listen to music on flights and while laying out at the beach.

5. Venkatachari M profile image45
    Venkatachari Mposted 11 months ago

Definitely, it is a nice part of my life. I liked music since childhood. I used to listen to Radio Sri Lanka those days. It was a sweet memory of my childhood. Then, during my college days, I liked to watch electric guitar performances by my friends. I wanted to learn and perform myself. But, it remained a dream. Then my wife entered my life with sweet, lovely musical voice. She used to sing while doing her daily chores 24*7 and I loved it very much. I learned to hum some tunes myself seeing her. I keep on humming even now often. I do my prayers singing a bit loud daily. I listen to music whenever I can spare some time, especially during my 15-minute rest after lunch nowadays. I listen to music on youtube and wherever some good music is shared by people on facebook, etc.

6. Happy Knees profile image62
    Happy Kneesposted 11 months ago

Yes. It is the one of my happy pill smile It relieves my stress all the times.

7. grand old lady profile image83
    grand old ladyposted 11 months ago

Yes. Believe it or not, I often go through my days with a song in my head. I can't sing, but it's nice to hear the songs.

8. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 11 months ago

Depending on type of music can affect your mind set...also your blood pressure, heart rate and mood set...different ty[es of music not just one plays a part....and can be very relaxing at times...