jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What are your thoughts about the unidentified flying object (whitish disk) caugh

1. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

What are your thoughts about the unidentified flying object (whitish disk) caught unintentionally..

in this film footage? The shot was caught while the news crew were covering a forest fire in Canada.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 … lp00000592

2. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

Looks like a UFO to me.  I have always been a believer that we are not alone in the universe.  I also saw that a space station captured some unusual footage this month.  Great to see the truth in the headlines for a change.

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The media does often seem super eager to dismiss sightings as anything BUT extraterrestrial.

3. Robert the Bruce profile image60
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

I'm unable to click the link, Beth. Maybe you could repost it as a comment to my answer? Thank you.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Intriguing. I accept the explanation offered with the Mexico incident and meteor activity, however I love my reservations. I guess it is the will to believe of UFO's, however I have even more reservations as to their cause or place of origin. I have not 'always' accepted the outer space or planetary alien concepts. I prefer to think of them as outer space or planetary 'relatives' said with a giggle + giggle. Other questions come to mind such as why do they have to be aliens? What if we are the aliens?

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There's truth in that, tsmog - though I do believe we are not the only planet with intelligent life. Yet we shouldn't forget that UFO merely stands for unidentified object.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with both observations. I still have suspicions with thoughts we may be transplanted in a sense. Still infants maybe as an encompassing civilization. Thus the concept of Star Treks transporter. Who says that is  not a natural state unexplored

5. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 3 years ago

Interesting. It looks like a genuine object (as opposed to a hoax or a reflection). I can think of two possibilities. Firstly at the speed it appears to be travelling could it be sunlight shining off an airforce jet? Not sure. Planes such as that are obviously quite common in our skies, though it doesn't seem quite right. Secondly it could be a fireball - a large meteor burning up. Those events are rarer, but can look very much like the object in this video.

But either of these two possibilities are far more likely than the idea of an alien space ship!!! No one has ever provided any authentic provable evidence of alien visitations, and there's no reason to go for such fanciful explanations when there are far more rational explanations which fit the bill.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

My guess is that since it is Canada and probably cold up in the sky, it is something like part of the clouds or ice/snow from the clouds leaving a trail of flakes, or hail, behind.

working