jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Television or Cinema?

1. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 2 years ago

Television or Cinema?

Tell me: Which medium do you think is experiencing a greater present degree of creativity: television or cinema?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Cinema by far television is a quite a bore to me

wingedcentaurposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for responding, Nichol marie. But are you including all of cable television, when you say that you find TV a bore? Are you including all of HBO, Encore, and Starz network programming?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes I seldom watch tv,I would rather listen to music read or go somewhere.I do like some classic tv like bewitched sometimes and some food network competitions like chopped but I Would be fine without it.

3. blairmidkiff profile image84
    blairmidkiffposted 2 years ago

They are both having a great amount of creativity right now they are very different forms of media. Sometimes I feel like some movies would've been better as TV shows and some TV shows would've been better as movies.

wingedcentaurposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, Blair Midkiff, about the vice-versa thing. For example, I saw an interview in which Quentin Tarantino said he almost made "Inglorious Basterds" as a TV series, for example.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I would have to go with television. Because the episodic format allows for much larger and more complex stories to be told. Just try to imagine Game of Thrones as a movie and you can start to see how much great content would have been left on the cutting room floor.

Admittedly, a lot of television shows overstay their welcome, often resorting to ridiculous storylines. But overall I would argue that they have a greater capacity to tell stories.

5. profile image0
    Jacobb9205posted 2 years ago

I do like watching films at the Cinema, but I'm rather lazy and like to save money so television is better, plus you can be really comfortable in bed or on the sofa while watching the film of your choice.

working