jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

As Seen On TV,Like Or Dislike?

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

As Seen On TV,Like Or Dislike?

What product have you bought As Seen On TV it didn't work like it should? Or did you buy one that worked as good as seen  on tv?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12388696_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I took a chance on a "seen on TV" product called the "Disc Genie," which was a supposedly cheap method to "repair" scratched CDs, DVDs or video game discs. It was merely a cardboard square with some fuzzy stuff on one side. According to the directions, laying the damaged disc on the fuzzy side of the pad and spinning it around a bunch of times with your hand was supposed to buff the scratches out of the disc... Well, I tried it on a couple of my banged-up CDs and it didn't "repair" anything. Fortunately I only paid two bucks for the thing so I didn't feel too ripped off.
    ...and then I wrote a Hub about it to warn others to avoid this thing like the plague, hahaha.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol I remember that, there was a skip doctor years ago that worked for most scratches. ,but I don't think the u male them anymore.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I buy a lot of used CDs and occasionally they're a little banged up/scratched... so even though I know deep down that they're not going to help I always feel that I should at least give these "miracle disc  repair remedies" a try...haha

3. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 2 years ago

I think I got something from them but I cant remember what it was...dont think there were any problems with it though.

There is a shop in my mall, but they rarely have anything worth buying on display.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

yes I agree o don't usually see anything worth getting most of the time

working