jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do the Weather Channel female meteorologists dress too sexy?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Do the Weather Channel female meteorologists dress too sexy?

The weather forecasters on the Weather Channel seem to dress sexy with lots of skin showing. I don't see the male counterparts dressing down or showing much skin.

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

You know that is an interesting question, even though I notice the same thing with network local broadcasts. Most have women forecasters and there does seem to be that competition between them. I say interesting because I have not taken the time to notice when a commercial hits the airways on network TV. Maybe they have one just before the normal time of weather broadcast of right after?

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You think the women are in competition? I never considered that;I thought they were getting pressure from the executives.

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree they get pressure, but it's to attract the viewers for commercials. Frankly, I'm a fan of two broadcasters. I watch that channel because of Chrissy (AM) & Alhoa (PM) and I am an old guy. Content is content we all know is queen/king ;-)

3. Kim Bryan profile image96
    Kim Bryanposted 2 years ago

No more so than other female in news reporting. Sex sells bad news and weather as well as it does everything else.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are right about sex selling, but would you agree to be the sex object selling it?

4. Jesse Drzal profile image98
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 years ago

Yes I notice this too. Must be all about ratings and drawing in male views. Fox news really does this too with the on air talent. In all fairness, it is most likely the higher up's at the stations and networks doing this, and is out of the women's hands as far as how they look I bet. All about those ratings! Kind of sad that we are this far along with humans evolving and attitudes like these still exist actually.

working