jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Facebook movie coming in October...

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

I just saw a trailer of the film, 'Social Network,' and it seems pretty melodramatic to me...anyone got an opinion?  I'm really no critic, but I'm very curious!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image93
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

i can't really say since i haven't seen it yet. however peter travers gave it a perfect 4 star review, so im definitely looking forward to it.  smile i just hope its every bit as good as i heard it was.

lorlie6posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're just the man I had in mind when I posted this. smile  I hope it's good, I would like to see a good film on FB's origins.

wow, really? you opened this forum because of me?  wow, im flattered lorlie.  really i am.  that's a huge honor.  smile  Yeah, i hope so too.  it looks like a good film.  plus, i kind of wonder how accurate it's going to be the guy's real life story.

2. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The idea of a FB movie sounded boring to me until I saw the trailer.  I must confess it did intrigue me and now I am planning to see it.  I hope it is a good as the trailer makes out.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image70
      IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, doesn't that look good?  I think so.

2. ponx profile image83
    ponxposted 7 years ago

Yes I have seen the trailer of the movie and I think I want to see it. I am pretty much addicted to Facebook smile and I would like to know how it all started!

same here.  in a way, im jealous though. it always seems like the simplest and most basic ideas people tend to over look, end up making other people billionaires once they realize how to capitalize off of it.  lol  oh well, what can you do I guess?  lol  however, it should be a pretty good movie though, as Peter Travers rarely gives out four star reviews to too many films.

1. ponx profile image83
        ponxposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A four star review is a must watch! smile

3. vanchen profile image84
    vanchenposted 7 years ago

Looks good.  I heard that they made it without much consent by mark zuckerberg, so it shouldn't be to biased in the story it tells.

whoa? really? are you serious?  damn, im surprised they didn't get sued for that.  heck, i would if someone made a film about me without my consent.

1. vanchen profile image84
        vanchenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I know i heard something like that.  I'm sure he could got paid a lot for it, but  I know they wanted to make a movie that told the true story of Facebook.

It is Hollywood though, so it might not matter at all.

i wouldn't be so sure about that.  you remember hearing about what happened to Tom Hank's film, "Philadelphia?"  Well it turns out that there was some gay lawyer that was fired by his firm, when he came out of the closet and then he sued them for discrimination coincidentally around the same time that movie came out.  Needless to say, he sued the studio responsible for producing that movie on grounds he felt they deliberately ripped off that movie from his life.  Which is kind of weird seeing as how Tom Hank's character dies in that movie (sorry for the spoiler alert).  However, that didn't stop the guy from trying.  don't know if he won or not though, but im just saying it could happen with this new movie, "Social Network."

2. lorlie6 profile image83

I read somewhere that FB officially discounts this film...anybody else heard this?

discounts it?  no, i didn't hear that.  what do you mean?  are you saying they're denying that anything in the movie is true?

Something like that...

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/techtonic … worse.html

One opinion...I think they're unhappy because it attacks Zuckerberg's character.

1. vanchen profile image84
            vanchenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah well that makes sense I guess.  But I've also heard they portray his character very well.

1. ponx profile image83
              ponxposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well I guess we just have to watch the movie to find out the truth ourselves.

working