July 3rd is Music Trivia Night!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

July 3rd 2008 Music Trivia Day / Night

One Rule:  No looking it up. 
    The two highest scorers will compete in a Final Round later today.
    Answer here if you don't mind other's seeing your paper, otherwise email the address at the end of the quiz. 

THIS IS REAL! 
    Winner will be announced on Youtube tonight LIVE from an Irish bar / restaurant here in Florida called Beef O'Brady's.

Eyes forward.   No bookshelves.
    Enjoy and Happy Independence Day!

ROUND ONE

1)  What was the name of Bob Marley’s group?  ___________
    2)  Jefferson Airplane’s famous song “White Rabbit” is based on what popular children’s story?  ____________________                                         
    3)  Who else died in the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holly & Richie Valens?   ____________________________
    4)  We Are The World  & Do They Know It’s Christmas? were the two big famine relief songs that were recorded in the 80s in order to help impoverished parts of Africa.  What were the names of the two super groups / Bands that made them? ______________________________ and ________________
    5)  Scottish Band Coldplay broke into the charts with a song named after a color.  What color was it?  ___________
    6)  Will Smith has 3 Number One Songs as a solo artist.  Was “Miami” one of them?      Yes or No   (Circle One)
    7)   Patti Labelle had a #1 smash with Lady Marmalade which was covered by five women in 2001  name three of them.   _______  ______________      and        ________________
    8)   50 Cent has a song with the refrain “go shorty, it’s your birthday”, name it and spelling counts.  ____________
    9)  Who sang “Come on Eileen”?  ________________________
    10)  Who sang “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown” ? _______________

1. Tater2tot profile image59
      Tater2totposted 15 years agoin reply to this

1) Bob Marley & The Wailers
      2) Alice in Wonderland?
      3)"The Big Bopper"
      4)
      5) violet hill?
      6) No.
      7) Missy Elliot, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Mya... I know those and I think the last one is lil Kim?
      8)Omg! "In da club"!
      9) no idea
      10) no idea

2. donnaleemason profile image60
    donnaleemasonposted 15 years ago

9) Dexy's Midnight Runners

3. DJ Funktual profile image76

ROUND TWO
    (remember no looking it up)

1)  Van Morrison sang Gloria.  Eric Clapton sang Layla.  What Rolling Stones song went to #1 in 1973 and was also named after a woman?  ________
    2)  Who narrated and sang the theme song to the 1970s television show “The Dukes of Hazzard”?
    3)  Which of the following groups was NOT a One-Hit Wonder of the 90s meaning they had more than one Number 1 Hit single?   A)  Right Said Fred   B) Vanilla Ice  C) Roxette or  D) Sir Mix-a-lot    ____________
    4)  Eminem became the first rapper to win an Academy Award for Best Song in a Feature Film with his movie “8 Mile”.  Name that song?  ___________________
    5)  Who sang the ballad “The Lady in Red?”  ______________
    6)  Which R&B combo sang “My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It)” ? _______
    7)  Actors John Belushi & Dan Aykroyd were a musical group as well recording under the name _____________ .
    8)  Snoop Dogg’s cousin is famous Hip-Hop artist ___ Dogg.
    9)  Diana Ross was in The Supremes.  Smokey Robinson was in The Miracles.  Curtis Mayfield was in what famous Doo-Wop combo?   The  _____________
    10)  Name the three Famous Friends of Dionne Warwick who combined for the schmaltzy hit  “That’s What Friends Are For?”   _____________   ,   _________________   &   _______________   (Hint: 2 Males and One Female)

4. DJ Funktual profile image76

ROUND THREE
    (No looking it up)

1)   Elvis Costello’s band?   The ___________

2)   What O.G. rapper from the 80s is currently involved in a beef with current star Soulja Boy Tellem? ________

3)  Fleetwood Mac was a British group that had little success until they moved to California in 1974.  Soon after that they recruited to Americans into the band.  They were a Lindsey ___________  and ________  _____.  Once AMERICANIZED, they took off!

4)  Neil Young’s popular patriotic anthem is called “Keep On _______  __ __  ______  _______” .

5)   Prince wrote several hits for females artists of the 80s and 90s.  Which of the following songs what NOT written by Prince?  A)  Manic Monday by The Bangles  B)  Sugar Walls by Sheena Easton   C)  Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O’Connor  D) The Glamorous Life by Sheila E. or E) I Feel For You by Chaka Khan    (Pick a Letter) ___

6)   Rapper Ice Cube starred in what major motion picture alongside George Clooney and Marky Mark Wahlberg?  _______________   (Answer in my 100 Movies That'll Kick Your Ass Every Time! Hub)

7)   Which of the following artists are NOT members of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?   A) Aerosmith  B)  The Ramones   C) Queen   D) The Pretenders  or E) Journey

8)  CCR or ‘Creedence’ had a long career with lots of hits but never had a #1 song.  They did however have 5 songs that made it to Number 2 on the charts.  They were Proud ____ ,  ___ ____ Rising, ____ River, Lookin’ ___ __ ____ ____ , and ________ Band .

9)   What Band did the theme song to cult classic science fiction film Flash Gordon?  ________   

10)  Bruce Springsteen wrote _____  for the Pointer Sisters & ________  __  __  ____ for Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band.   
    Natalie Cole saw this & decided to cover his ___ ______  for a Top Five Hit.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY early!   No links attached.  ;P

5. DJ Funktual profile image76

BONUS Questions:  These are worth more....but how much more???

ROUND ONE:   
    Here we learned that Will Smith had 3 Number One songs as a solo artist. 

1)   How many did he have in the rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince?
    Was it 0 or 1 or 2?   ((Without Looking It Up?))

ROUND TWO:
    We found out Snoop Dogg's cousin was a big hip-hop star. 

2)  Who is Ice Cube's cousin,  who is an underground hip-hop legend?

ROUND THREE:
    We found out that many people cover The Boss. 

3)  Who did Bruce Springsteen cover for his first single off the the live box set he released in 1986?   

HINT:  It should be playing on every radio station in 50 States to help us to celebrate our freedom from tyranny and bring our boys and girls home faster!

DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

WAR by Edwin Starr

6. DJ Funktual profile image76

FINAL ROUND OF QUESTIONS WILL BE BETWEEN __________ and ____________ !
    WINNER TAKE ALL!

The subject will be DAVID BOWIE.  So study up if you think you've got a shot.

The Winners will be announced LIVE from Beef O'Brady's in Sunrise, FLA at 9pm EST - US Time on a video which will be VOLUME 10 of my Sample & Breakbeat Youtube Series which comes out sometime late tonight, the 3rd.   

To email the place and register to win the Grand Prize
    Email:  beefsofsunrise (at) yahoo (dot) com.   
    Put TRIVIA NIGHT in the subject line.
    Attach your answers in a file.  You're in!

Yes, I'm serious. 

Peace,
    Funktual

7. DJ Funktual profile image76

Okay thanks for playing no one.

The answers are...

ROUND ONE - Answers

1. The Wailers  2. Alice in Wonderland  3. The Big Bopper   4. USA for Africa & Band Aid   5. Yellow  6.  No  7. Missy Elliott, Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink & Lil’ Kim (Need 3)  8. In Da Club  9.  Dexy’s Midnight Runners  10. Jim Croce

ROUND TWO - Answers

1.  Angie   2.  Waylon Jennings    3.  Roxette    4.  Lose Yourself  5. Chris DeBurgh   6. En Vogue  7. The Blues Brothers  8.  Nate   9.  The Impressions   10.  Elton John, Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight

ROUND THREE - Answers

1.  The Attractions  2.  Ice-T  3.  Buckingham & Stevie               4.  Rocking in the Free World   5.  D - The Glamorous Life             6. Three Kings   7.  E - Journey   8.  Mary, Bad Moon,  Green, Out My Back Door & Travelin’    9.  Queen   10.  Fire ,  Blinded By The Light,  Pink Cadillac

8. Tater2tot profile image59
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

OKAY I PUT ALL MY ANSWERS TOGETHER!

ROUND ONE - Answers

1. The Wailers  2. Alice in Wonderland  3. The Big Bopper   4. USA for Africa & Band Aid   5. Yellow  6.  No  7. Missy Elliott, Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink & Lil’ Kim (Need 3)  8. In Da Club  9.  Dexy’s Midnight Runners  10. Jim Croce

ROUND TWO - Answers

1.  Angie   2.  Waylon Jennings    3.  Roxette    4.  Lose Yourself  5. Chris DeBurgh   6. En Vogue  7. The Blues Brothers  8.  Nate   9.  The Impressions   10.  Elton John, Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight

ROUND THREE - Answers

1.  The Attractions  2.  Ice-T  3.  Buckingham & Stevie               4.  Rocking in the Free World   5.  D - The Glamorous Life             6. Three Kings   7.  E - Journey   8.  Mary, Bad Moon,  Green, Out My Back Door & Travelin’    9.  Queen   10.  Fire ,  Blinded By The Light,  Pink Cadillac

HAHA JUST KIDDING! Sorry. I was gonna play but I got carried away with other things today. big_smile

9. kpfingaz profile image65
    kpfingazposted 15 years ago

Dude, I just saw this...wtf.

Good game but how do you know people weren't busy looking up the answers so they could post? neutral

10. DJ Funktual profile image76

Sorry, kpfingaz but due to the utter lack of response, I didn't think it really mattered. 

Not to mention, if you were looking up the answers, then you cheated anyway.  I just wanted to see what people came up with off the top of their head and no one played. 

i just figured people thought it was too self-promotional so i just blew it off.

Would you like to play again?  I have tons of questions.

11. AC Gaughen profile image62
    AC Gaughenposted 15 years ago

I'd like to play!

DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Okay?.  Tomorrow evening I'll get a quiz up!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)