jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

new south park episode going to far.

1. optimus grimlock profile image54
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

I saw a preview of the new episode that airs wensday and its the !pad meets hum centapede!!! I cant wait to watch this season!!!

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

wow, i can't believe that show is still on the air.  Ill definitely be sure to check out the new season then. by the way, did they ever say anything else about the new movie you mentioned earlier?

3. optimus grimlock profile image54

not yet. its ratimngs are as high i not higher then other cartoons like the simpsons,family guy so y would the cancel it?

4. Daniel Carter profile image88
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Controversy sells. Fox is in it for the money. South Park has nearly crossed the line, but Fox didn't have to take any action to protect itself (yet) so it will continue. It will be interesting to see if they really do pose a threat to Fox's ratings, advertisers, etc. Beck is off of Fox because his viewership dropped 39% and major advertisers ditched him.

It's about the money, in the end.

1. Beelzedad profile image57
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would agree, but it certainly is entertaining to see the Southpark producers so succinctly and accurately expose the hypocrisies and contradictions of society so well.

Do they "cross the line" in doing so?

Nowhere as much as the lines that get crossed in the hypocrisies they expose. smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image88
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pressing the agree button, repeatedly. (Well, that is, if they had one here.)

2. I am DB Cooper profile image69
      I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

New episodes of South Park air on Comedy Central, which is owned by Viacom, not Fox. It appears in syndication on Fox and other channels like WGN, but those networks tend to pick and choose which episodes to air to avoid controversy and they often censor material that was broadcast when the episode originally aired on Comedy Central.

5. optimus grimlock profile image54

I realize I put "south park crossed the line" I did that just to get responses. Trey parker and matt stone are really good in cover tabbo's or messed up points of soceity without most people realizing it.The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was proveing to the world he didnt exist. I think thats the way parker and stone are they go for the shocker factor just to hide there intelligence

6. optimus grimlock profile image54

last nights episode was pretty good I though it was funny how god hit cartmen with the lightning bolt in the end!

working