jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Where are the best acting performers?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Hollywood has the most recognizable actors.  They get paid a ton of money and have their award shows.  Do they have the best actors though?

Foreign films have some great actors and films.

Broadway shows sell out quite often.

Who has the best performers in your opinion overall and why?

1. RachaelLefler profile image90
      RachaelLeflerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both broadway and film actors work hard. In my opinion, film acting is toughest because of all the takes they have to do and how demanding it is that they look the best and say their lines flawlessly, to the director's liking, or they have to do it over and over again until they get it right. However, Broadway actors have to learn choreography and singing and that can be painful even for someone who loves doing it.

1. RachaelLefler profile image90

I think performers everywhere are a mixed bunch, some good and some bad and some phenomenal ones are bound to crop up in any broad category like "foreign film actors" and such.

2. RachaelLefler profile image90

The thing that sticks out to me about British film and television is that it's generally more intellectual and less shallow than American. Also, actresses don't need to be unrealistically sexy or young to be stars in England, they seem to be ok with more natural looking women, and I like that aspect of it. They don't do big budgets and lots of special effects, and I love the sarcastic humor in British television.

2. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

I think English actors are the best.  I am thinking of the likes of Judy Dench, Maggie Smith and Ian McKellen.

Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only one I recognize is Ian.  What projects have the others done?

Just curious.

1. profile image0
        Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Judy Dench has played M in James Bond for many years.

Maggie Smith has played Minerva McGonagall in Harry Potter films and was famous for her role in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
        http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5145783_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5145785.jpg

English actors may not always be as pretty as American ones, but have more character.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

The British where the emphasis is on character acting and voice.

Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting.  If their emphasis is different than the emphasis in the US then what is our emphasis on?   Beauty, special effects?

working