How Would You Answer That?
Quirky or Thought Provoking Questions can be fun to contemplate and even more fun to answer.
I just love questions that are a bit sideways, that tend to make you ask more questions or at least simply wonder. So today I submit to you a list of quirky and perhaps thought provoking questions for your entertainment. I hope you will find it to be a whimsical submission.
The world is full of questions, some live their lives as one big question, some never strive to find the answers, and when you're a toddler your vocabulary centers around just one word "Why?"
Questions that Make You Say Hmm . . .
Tough to Explain
- Why can't we ever reach the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
- Why isn't auto insurance just called accident insurance?
- In an airplane how do you tell who's arm rest is whose?
- How far East can you go before you're heading West?
- Since a pair of overalls is held up by straps why do they have belt loops?
- Since Builders avoid a 13th floor, are Publishers leery of publishing a book's Chapter 11?
- Why does Hawaii have Interstate Highways?
- How do you know when you run out of Invisible Ink?
- Why aren't the numbers on a calculator and a phone in the same order?
- When marketers promote a product as New and Improved how can it be Improved if New?
Laughs AT The Office
A Play on Words
- Why do we call it the "Rush Hour" when it moves so slowly?
- Why do we park in a "Driveway" and drive on the "Parkway?"
- Why does Snow Fall but Rain Drops?
- Since the opposite of Pro is Con is the opposite of Progress Congress?
- Aren't Caregivers and Caretakers the same thing?
- Can you get cornered in a round room?
- Can a Short Person talk "Down" to a Tall Person?
- Isn't it odd that banks have branches but money does not grow on trees?
- Why do we play at a recital and recite at a play?
- Electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
- Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?
Should After-Dark really be After-Light?
Thoughts to Ponder
- Why do we feel Blue when Depressed, Green with Envy, and turn Red when Embarrassed?
- Why does the sun darken our skin but lighten our hair?
- How is it Silence can speak so Loudly?
- Most rings are round so who thought a boxing ring should be square?
- Who writes on the signs when Sign workers go on strike?
- Is it impolite for deaf people to "sign" with their mouth full?
- If a deaf person needs to go to court is it still called a "hearing"?
- Why are entertainers "In" movies but "On" TV?
- Can we really say the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon?
- Since English Grammar rules say "i" before "e" except after "c" isn't "science" spelled wrong?
Are you Still with Me?
- Why is most sandwich meat round when bread is usually square?
- Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
- What did cured meat have to be cured from?
- Why is Vanilla Extract brown but Vanilla Ice Cream white?
- What makes fancy ketchup fancy?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
- Is Chocolate a vegetable since it comes from Cocoa Beans?
- If you were to soak a raisin in water would it turn back into a grape?
- Are there pink lemons to make pink lemonade?
- If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?
What Do You Think?
If there is as they say and exception to every rule, is there an exception to that rule?
Just Plain Silly Questions
- What would happen if you put a chameleon in a House of Mirrors?
- Don’t you find it odd that Dodge made a truck named “Ram”?
- Why do news anchors signoff their broadcasts with “until then I’m Joe the Newsman”, who are they the rest of the time?
- Isn’t it redundant for a Dyslexic person to say “vice-versa”?
- If awake at night can you daydream?
- Where do people in Hell tell other people to go?
- Is it me or do Superheroes really wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?
- What do Greeks say when they don’t understand something?
- When French people swear do they say “pardon my English”?
- What do people in China call their good plates?