Best Budget $150 to $250 Convertible Baby Cribs 2015
Safety Is Number One When Buying a Crib
Cribs with drop sides
Don’t use them because if the sides drop side detaches a baby can become entrapped or strangle or suffocate.
Padding that attaches to the inside railings of the crib to cushion all four sides, they can be a hazard and are not recommended, they are discouraged due to SIDS. http://www.babycenter.com/baby-sleep-safety
Be careful when looking at an older crib because they might have splinters, lead paint, slats that are too far apart, etc.
Avoid decorations that can break off and pose a choking hazard or trap your baby’s arm or neck
Do you prefer a convertible or conventional crib?
Features to Have on a Baby Crib & Bed
- Generally the least expensive and lightest
- Come in a variety of thickness, between 3 and 6 inches
- More important than thickness is density, the thicker the higher density 1.5 pounds per cubic foot
- Hard to know how much density because they don’t put it on the packaging
Slats no more than 2 3/8 inches apart
- Slats need to be close enough so your baby’s head can’t slip through or get stuck
- They can’t be any further apart than 2 3/8 (size of a soda can)
Safe corner posts
- If the crib has corner posts, they can’t be more than 1/16 of an inch (unless they support a canopy)
- If they are higher than 1/16 of an inch, clothing can catch and injure or choke an infant
Adjustable mattress height
- Most cribs let you raise and lower the height of the crib by adjusting the mattress support
- It should be lowered when your child begins showing up, when they are more active you don’t want them to fall or climb out
- Test out the crib in the store and after you put it together at home
- Wobbling and rattling means it could have been put together improperly or that you need to look for a sturdier crib
- Normal cribs are 51 ¾ inches long and 27 ¾ inches wide
- See if you can fit more than two fingers between the side of the mattress and the crib, if you can the mattress is too small
- The space can be dangerous if a baby gets stuck in it
- Some cribs convert into toddler bed’s, a child’s bench, or a headboard and footboard for a full-size bed
- Make sure the crib is easy to convert and you like the new furniture
- Babies start to teeth between 4 and 6 months and become woodpeckers
- This can lead to damage to the crib and baby
- Some will come this these and others you might have to buy separately
Lockable casters or none
- Wheels can be very useful but if they don’t have lockable casters to keep the wheels in place than don’t get them at all
1. Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Many people believe that they need to spend $400+ to get a quality crib for their baby. I completely disagree; the Stork Craft Tuscany is one of the best baby cribs on the market for less than half the price of some of the other higher-end models.
This crib is made out of wod that looks and feel very high-quality. If you want to get the best bang for your buck, this is the crib that will last you a long time.
2. Davinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Jenny Lind is one of the best cribs on the market because you get the best bang for your buck. This crib might not seem like it’s very durable but I would have to say it’s one of the more durable beds out there.
With this crib, you won’t have to overpay for your baby’s protection. This crib is also very easy to assemble.
3. Graco Stanton Convertible Crib
The two things that make the Graco Stanton Crib stand out from others are the look and sturdiness of the crib. This crib looks good and will stay looking good because of the excellent quality of wood that was used in making this crib.
Also, this crib is very sturdy; you won’t need to worry if something is going to happen while your child is in this crib. You will get an amazing crib for an affordable price. The only downside to this crib is that fact that it’s not as convertible as most of the other ones.
4. Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail
The Athena Nadia is a great crib for those who want one of the nicest cribs on the market. The crib has a unique look that will set it apart from many other cribs at a much more affordable price.
Another thing you will notice in this crib is the quality. This crib is very high-quality compared to most other cribs on the market. If style is a concern to you, this crib has to be one of the most stylish cribs out.
5. Delta Children's Canton Crib
This Delta Childrens Canton Crib is a great choice for anyone that is willing to pay a little extra money on a crib. I do think that this crib is very high quality, but I think that the price is a little too high compared to the other cribs we have selected.
This crib is very versatile, which is great for down the road but you will have to buy separate parts when it comes to converting it into a bed.
Things Every Mom Needs for Her Baby
- New Remote Control Car, Truck, Boat, Plane, Helicopter for Kids 2013
If you want to get your kids of gift they will love, I highly recommend getting a remote control anything. They will stay entertained for every and it will help them with motor and other skills.
- Great Christmas Gift Ideas for Babies & Toddlers 2013
Getting a good Christmas gift depends getting a toy that will last for a while. I think that the best toys don't have to be replaced shortly and that educate your kids.
- Baby Diaper Changing Table Dresser Combo 2013
One the the biggest reasons that I get baby changing tables is because you get a lot of space to store things like diapers and you can use it as a dresser. I hate changing diapers on the floor.
© 2013 Lexi Belliston